Gift Ideas For Mark
Some have said that Mark is hard to shop for. Mark finds this a little
hard to believe. To aid the befuddled gift-buyer, Mark has supplied this page
of gift ideas which should be of some help.
Mark likes to read. Paperback is always OK.
Mark has a taste for chess and likes books about chess.
- The Usborne Guide to Advanced Chess, Usborne, ISBN:0746006179
- The Amateur's Mind by Jeremy Sillman
- The ABCs of Chess by Bruce Pandolfini Fireside. ISBN: 0671619829
- Traps and Zaps 2 by Bruce Pandolfini
The Ideas Behind the Chess Openings by Reuben Fine. Times Books. ISBN:
Simple Checkmates by A. J. Gillam. Ballantine Books (Trade Paperback).
Note: I am totally OK with used CDs. In fact, in many ways, I
prefer them. Besides, new CDs cost an unseemly amount of money these days. Go
to Greywhale or CD Warehouse and buy used ones. Seriously.
- Information Society's eponymous album
- A "best of" Psychadelic Furs CD
- A "best of" Scritti Politti CD
- Soundtrack to the the movie Swordfish
- Mark Grant - Sound Design v2 (Electronic)
- Tempermental by "Everything but the Girl" (Electronic)
- Anything else by "Everything but the Girl", for that matter
Tom's Album by Suzanned Vega and Various Artists
- Any CD by DJ Max Grahm (Electronic)
- Any CD by DJ Ricardo Torres (Electronic)
- Any CD by Theivery Corporation (Electronic)
- Soundtrack to the movie Pi
- Any Art of Noise CD except for the one with the tree on the cover
Movies / TV Show collections
DVD format preferred over VHS. As before, I'm totally OK with used DVDs.
- Spirited Away
- The Fisher King by Terry Gilliam
- Jason and the Argonauts with animation by Ray Harryhausen
- Real Genius
- Van Helsing
- The Prisoner episodes on DVD
- The 13th Warrior
Mark likes board / card games. He's also fond of ancient / exotic games.
- A 5x5 Rubik's Cube
- Just about any of the "Munchkin" cards by Steve Jackson Games. Talk
to me before you buy anything, though to make sure I haven't got 'em
- Those little D&D miniatures are always nice
- A gift certificate to Hastur Hobbies would be just fantastic
- Hawaiian shirts (size XL)
- Flannel shirts are always good. Either quilted or non is OK with me.
- Sweaters, Sweatshirts, pullovers, etc.
- Crazy pants / Crazy shorts
- Thick, warm, socks, suitable for camping or just kicking around the
house in cold weather
- A pair of slippers
- Mechanical pencils.
- Blank VHS tapes
- CD cases (sleeves, jewel cases, plastic circle thingies)