New GM Cirriculum
The following is a non-exhaustive listing of scenarios that a GM should be
ready to handle prior to running an adventure:
- One close-range combat sequence, with or without weapons
- One long-range combat sequence involving guns / arrows / other ranged
- One mounted / vehicle combat sequence
- Any / all of the things in the "Injury, Illness and Fatigue" section,
possibly as a follow-through to any of the previous combat scenarios
- Magic / Psi / Super powers, if the game will use them
- A contest of some sort: cards, drinking, etc.
- Probably something else that I can't think of
Also, keep in mind that the ability to improvise (especially at dramatic
moments when scouring the rulebook is really going to disrupt the pace) is at
least as important as familiarity with the rules.