Assignment #2 - Java Applet
Write a Java applet that does something fun and interesting.
Here are some examples of programs you might write:
- Drawing - An applet that lets people draw shapes, lines, &
- Image Viewer - Displays an image either via a supplied URL or a
pick-list. Make sure that people can resize, stretch, flip and manipulate
the image in other interesting ways.
- Writing - Lets the user write text. Possibly let them save it
as a file (i.e. make a stand-alone application) or send it as an email
(you get to figure out how to do this).
- Graphing Calculator - Allows the user to enter equations which
are graphed in a Cartesian plane.
- Finance - Lets people enter amounts in a ledger and calculates
a balance. Alternatively, it might amortize a loan or mortgage based on
initial amounts, interest, etc.
- Process - Allows people to build a flow chart which defines the
steps in a process.
- Game - Some Space Invaders or Defender clone. I hope this will
be a popular choice.
Here is what I expect to see in your applet:
- Classes, overrides, public/private methods/variables and possibly
interfaces (it is not mandatory that you use interfaces).
- Use a layout manager of some kind
- Painting and graphics
- GUI controls - buttons, lists, and the like
- Event handling - Experiment with inner/anonymous classes
This assignment is due on March 25th, 1999. Same night as the second exam.
2/17/99 - Initial revision