Review for Exam 3
Layout of the Test
- Fill in the Blank - (20 questions - 2 points each - 40 points total)
- Short Answer - (6 questions - 5 points each - 30 points total)
- Long Answer - (3 questions - 10 points each - 30 points total)
- Bonus Question - (1 question - 2 points)
Material you shoud review
- CGI Concepts - Server-side, 3 requirements
- Perl Background - Design goals/strengths, What Perl borrows from (4
major influences), Pithy sayings
- Perl language features - Types of variables, Special variables,
Control structures, Built-in functions, Scalar vs. List context
- CGI setup and troubleshooting
- Server Headers - Understand what they do and why they are important
- HTML Forms - Common attributes, Widgets/Controls
- Query Strings - What they do / why they are necessary, How they are
- GET and POST methods - Differences, Advantages
- File I/O in Perl - opening / reading / writing, etc., Reading from
pipes (including dealing with possibly "tainted" values).
- Regular Expressions - 3 different types (m,tr,s) and what each type is
used for, matching operator
- SSI - Server-side, When it is useful, How command-strings are
Embedded in HTML. Server or Client.
- Some review questions from the previous 2/3's of the semester.